Our bold Tomahawk Steak and Cowboy Butter recipe will be a huge hit. Like enormous.
For Tomahawk steak
1 tablespoon sea salt, coarse
2 teaspoons pepper, coarse-ground
2 teaspoons garlic, granulated
1 1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
For the Cowboy Butter
1 cup butter, softened
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 shallot, minced
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1 tablespoon of our Steak Seasoning
1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Season both sides of steak with salt, pepper, garlic and red pepper flakes. Rest steak at room temperature for 2 hours.
- While steak rests, mix Cowboy Butter ingredients into medium-size bowl.
- Once mixed, place butter on parchment paper and form into a horizontal cylinder. Roll parchment paper around it, twist each end and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- Create 2 cooking zones and reverse-sear your steak.
- Once prepped, grill steak on indirect heat. Close lid and grill at 250°F for 25 minutes. Once internal temperature reaches 105°F, move steak over to direct heat. Grill each side for 2 minutes.
- Take steak off grill, let rest for 10 minutes and top with slice of Cowboy Butter.